#CyberFest 2019 – Brief
#CyberFest is the North East’s largest cyber festival, building on the work that Dynamo North East and its cyber cluster CyberNorth are delivering to position the region as a place of excellence for the delivery of Cyber related services.
More information about Dynamo North East and the cluster can be found here.
Last year’s inaugural #CyberFest saw six events across the region, with forty speakers and five hundred delegates. We are building on this success to make this year’s even better, with more events, more speakers and more opportunities to get involved.
The theme for this year is ‘Real opportunity, real solutions’ focusing on organisations that have delivered real solutions or have experience real problems. The various targeted events are aimed at employees, directors and managers of any size organisation in the 3rd, public and private sectors, as well as academia, students, entrepreneurs, politicians, media and interested public.
So far we have the following events planned:
- 11th September – Morning event at The Curve, Teesside University, hosted by Teesside University and Digital City
- 12th September – One-day business event at the Urban Science Building, Newcastle University hosted by Newcastle University Helix.
- 18th September – Local civic cyber resilience event for public sector, venue to be advised, hosted by North East ICT Managers.
- Date TBA – Business focused event at Proto Gateshead, hosted by Gateshead Council.
- Date TBA – High value manufacturing and agritech event at Alnwick Castle, hosted by Northumberland Estates and Advance Northumberland.
- Other events are in the planning stages and will be announced as they are identified.
We are at the early stages of developing this year’s programme and are looking for initial interest in anyone or organization interested in hosting, speaking, sponsoring or otherwise supporting #CyberFest 2019
If you would like to know more please contact Phil Jackman on [email protected] or