Cyber security is major concern for everyone and should be considered as part of a wider resilience agenda for the region. This is why Dynamo is creating a new type of coordination, one that involves all aspects of cyber resilience including those involved in commercial delivery, research and development, learning, regional resilience and users of technology.
The cyber workstream brings together these components in a coordinated way that promotes the North East as:
- A region of high cyber awareness and infrastructural resilience.
- A centre of excellence in the delivery of Cyber related services.
- A centre of excellence in the delivery and development of high quality students and employees.
- Noted for research and development in cyber.
To move forward with this, Dynamo, in partnership with Accenture, is launching #CyberFest, a series of cyber related events across the region during September.
The aim of #Cyberfest is:
To raise awareness of the North east as a place to address cyber resilience; to get people engaged in the Dynamo work stream; educate and inform of the threats and opportunities from cyber.
This will be achieved through:
A series of events covering the North East during September 2018, including:
- 5th September – #CyberNorth: One-day business event in Newcastle hosted by Northumbria University. More info & to book
- 13th September – Business event in Tees Valley hosted at The Curve by Teesside University. More info & to book
- 14th September – Breakfast event at the ORE Catapult in Blyth hosted by ORE Catalpult and Business Northumberland. More info & to book
- 19th September – Local civic cyber resilience event for public sector at the Stadium of Light, hosted by North East ICT Managers. More info & to book
- 26th September – Lunch Seminar hosted by Waterstons and Durham Police. More info & to book
- ISC(2) event
- Promoting cyber in education event
‘Steamd Symposium 2018’ in Darlington – More info and to book
More details to follow on the above
If you are interested in speaking, hosting, sponsoring or attending any of the above events, please contact [email protected]