Membership of the NEFF is on an annual basis, as member you will be:
- Kept informed of all conferences, training programmes and specialist forums.
- Offered special discounted rates for these events (some will be offered free to members).
Please note membership of the NEFF is on an annual basis the 2013 / 2014 membership starts on 1st April 2013 and ends 31st March 2014.
There are now 5 categories of membership which gives the structure of the membership greater flexibility:
- Individual Premium
- Corporate Gold
- Title Sponsor
North East Fraud Forum
The mission of the NEFF is to bring the private and public sectors together to reduce financial crime. This will:
- Protect the private and public sectors as well as individuals from becoming victims of fraud.
- Stimulate and encourage growth of the private sector and the proper conduct of public bodies; facilitate working relationships between law enforcement, public bodies, private organisations and the voluntary sector.
- Promote awareness of fraud amongst members and other organisations
- Encourage good practice and an anti-fraud culture by developing anti-fraud strategies for its membership.
- Establish good practice between its members for fraud prevention, investigation and detection.
‘We lost £1,000 on a fake holiday booking': From holiday villas to cut price cars – the tempting internet bargains that simply don’t exist
Between £8million and £20million a year is lost to so-called clone websites Laura Parks lost out on £1,000 when she and her husband arrived at a lodge near Loch Ness and learned their booking didn’t exist Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/holidays/article-2792934/we-lost-1-000-fake-holiday-booking-tempting-internet-bargains-simply-don-t-exist.html#ixzz3GIXtgGyn Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Every two minutes someone in Britain loses their savings to a new breed of conman… Are you the next victim?
Every two minutes of every day, someone in the UK is ripped off by a fraudster or loses money to an online crime. Households are falling prey to investment conmen, cold callers who petrify their victims into thinking they’ve been robbed, fake websites, pension crooks and online bandits who dupe people into giving away their […]
One in eight employees aged 50 or over has been the target of fraudsters promising to release their pension savings. Workers in their 50s are being warned that they are the primary target for scamsters who are using dramatic changes in the pensions system to try to part them from their retirement pot. Changes from […]
Web crime wave sees bank fraud hit £6million a month: Internet scams soar by 71% after branch closures force savers online
Banks have been accused of leaving savers exposed to criminal gangs following a startling surge in fraud. Critics say lenders are failing to ensure customers’ money is safe as losses from telephone and online fraud hit £35.9million between January and June – a rise of 59 per cent in a year. Internet fraud alone – […]