Membership of the NEFF is on an annual basis, as member you will be:
- Kept informed of all conferences, training programmes and specialist forums.
- Offered special discounted rates for these events (some will be offered free to members).
Please note membership of the NEFF is on an annual basis the 2013 / 2014 membership starts on 1st April 2013 and ends 31st March 2014.
There are now 5 categories of membership which gives the structure of the membership greater flexibility:
- Individual Premium
- Corporate Gold
- Title Sponsor
North East Fraud Forum
The mission of the NEFF is to bring the private and public sectors together to reduce financial crime. This will:
- Protect the private and public sectors as well as individuals from becoming victims of fraud.
- Stimulate and encourage growth of the private sector and the proper conduct of public bodies; facilitate working relationships between law enforcement, public bodies, private organisations and the voluntary sector.
- Promote awareness of fraud amongst members and other organisations
- Encourage good practice and an anti-fraud culture by developing anti-fraud strategies for its membership.
- Establish good practice between its members for fraud prevention, investigation and detection.
Are YOU at risk from Rombertik? Terrifying ‘suicide bomber’ malware can destroy your computer if it thinks you’ve detected it
Security experts have issued a major alert over a new type of malware that can cripple a computer if it is detected during security checks. The malware, nicknamed Rombertik by Cisco Systems, is designed to intercept any plain text entered into a browser window. It is being spread through spam and phishing messages, according to […]
Goods that never arrive, buyers who turn out to be fraudsters and customer disputes settled by computers: How eBay left us out of pocket
Although it began in 1995 as just an auction site, eBay has grown into a massive multi-national shopping mall boasting a staggering 19million UK users a month. Its share of UK online shopping visits runs at 15 per cent, according to figures from analyst Experian Hitwise. More than 220,000 firms sell goods direct to customers […]
They knew what shares I’d owned – and used that to try and con me: Lives of pensioners whose financial information was sold on made a misery by cold calls
Data firm B2C sold on financial information of pensioners and savers Private information fell into the hands of con artists and cold call firms Grandfather Derrick Blake is among thousands of elderly people affected Scores of pensioners are targeted by several cold calls each and every day Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3017222/They-knew-shares-d-owned-used-try-Lives-pensioners-financial-information-sold-misery-cold-calls.html#ixzz3Vqv9bKTp
The government is giving extra funding to the National Trading Standards Board to help it crack down on copycat websites masquerading as legitimate government services which leave unwary consumers thousands of pounds out of pocket. A sum of £250,000 was announced in the budget and will be spent on tackling burgeoning e-crime – including phishing […]