Membership of the NEFF is on an annual basis, as member you will be:
- Kept informed of all conferences, training programmes and specialist forums.
- Offered special discounted rates for these events (some will be offered free to members).
Please note membership of the NEFF is on an annual basis the 2013 / 2014 membership starts on 1st April 2013 and ends 31st March 2014.
There are now 5 categories of membership which gives the structure of the membership greater flexibility:
- Individual Premium
- Corporate Gold
- Title Sponsor
North East Fraud Forum
The mission of the NEFF is to bring the private and public sectors together to reduce financial crime. This will:
- Protect the private and public sectors as well as individuals from becoming victims of fraud.
- Stimulate and encourage growth of the private sector and the proper conduct of public bodies; facilitate working relationships between law enforcement, public bodies, private organisations and the voluntary sector.
- Promote awareness of fraud amongst members and other organisations
- Encourage good practice and an anti-fraud culture by developing anti-fraud strategies for its membership.
- Establish good practice between its members for fraud prevention, investigation and detection.
Web crime wave sees bank fraud hit £6million a month: Internet scams soar by 71% after branch closures force savers online
Banks have been accused of leaving savers exposed to criminal gangs following a startling surge in fraud. Critics say lenders are failing to ensure customers’ money is safe as losses from telephone and online fraud hit £35.9million between January and June – a rise of 59 per cent in a year. Internet fraud alone – […]
Repeat fraudster going by the name ‘Simon Fraser’ swipes £80k from accountants in another case of NatWest business account fraud
Another small business has fallen victim to a fraudster going by the false name ‘Simon Fraser’ who posed as a member of NatWest staff in a bogus call from the bank – this time swiping £80,500 from the business account. On 24 April this year, Micky Ackenson, a partner at Charterhouse was forwarded a phone […]
Official crimes figures ‘failing to report 4m fraud cases’ meaning total number of offences should be 50% higher
Seven people defrauded every minute, according to shock new figures Scale of crime distorted because four million frauds excluded from statistics Offences not included in survey because of difficulty recording their location Full Story – The MailOnline
There are many ways that scammers take advantage of unsuspecting tourists, but more common schemes can be avoided if travelers stay alert, and take a few basic precautions. For one thing, tourists should always be wary of anything offered for “free,” and of special deals that seem too good to be true. The oft-repeated advice […]