Membership of the NEFF is on an annual basis, as member you will be:
- Kept informed of all conferences, training programmes and specialist forums.
- Offered special discounted rates for these events (some will be offered free to members).
Please note membership of the NEFF is on an annual basis the 2013 / 2014 membership starts on 1st April 2013 and ends 31st March 2014.
There are now 5 categories of membership which gives the structure of the membership greater flexibility:
- Individual Premium
- Corporate Gold
- Title Sponsor
North East Fraud Forum
The mission of the NEFF is to bring the private and public sectors together to reduce financial crime. This will:
- Protect the private and public sectors as well as individuals from becoming victims of fraud.
- Stimulate and encourage growth of the private sector and the proper conduct of public bodies; facilitate working relationships between law enforcement, public bodies, private organisations and the voluntary sector.
- Promote awareness of fraud amongst members and other organisations
- Encourage good practice and an anti-fraud culture by developing anti-fraud strategies for its membership.
- Establish good practice between its members for fraud prevention, investigation and detection.
They knew what shares I’d owned – and used that to try and con me: Lives of pensioners whose financial information was sold on made a misery by cold calls
Data firm B2C sold on financial information of pensioners and savers Private information fell into the hands of con artists and cold call firms Grandfather Derrick Blake is among thousands of elderly people affected Scores of pensioners are targeted by several cold calls each and every day Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3017222/They-knew-shares-d-owned-used-try-Lives-pensioners-financial-information-sold-misery-cold-calls.html#ixzz3Vqv9bKTp
The government is giving extra funding to the National Trading Standards Board to help it crack down on copycat websites masquerading as legitimate government services which leave unwary consumers thousands of pounds out of pocket. A sum of £250,000 was announced in the budget and will be spent on tackling burgeoning e-crime – including phishing […]
The typical victims of cyber fraud are lonely singles searching for love online or anyone who puts too much trust in an email. But proof that even corporate financial professionals are not exempt from being swindled has come with the revelation that a company based in Omaha, Nebraska lost $17.2m in an email scam. Full […]
Small firms operating online need to be prepared for ‘unprecedented levels of attempted fraud’ this month, say payments experts. Payments business Worldpay claims instances of fraud could rocket by as much as 80 per cent in February as hackers capitalise on customer data harvested during the Christmas shopping period. Tim Lansdale, head of payment security […]