Membership of the NEFF is on an annual basis, as member you will be:
- Kept informed of all conferences, training programmes and specialist forums.
- Offered special discounted rates for these events (some will be offered free to members).
Please note membership of the NEFF is on an annual basis the 2013 / 2014 membership starts on 1st April 2013 and ends 31st March 2014.
There are now 5 categories of membership which gives the structure of the membership greater flexibility:
- Individual Premium
- Corporate Gold
- Title Sponsor
North East Fraud Forum
The mission of the NEFF is to bring the private and public sectors together to reduce financial crime. This will:
- Protect the private and public sectors as well as individuals from becoming victims of fraud.
- Stimulate and encourage growth of the private sector and the proper conduct of public bodies; facilitate working relationships between law enforcement, public bodies, private organisations and the voluntary sector.
- Promote awareness of fraud amongst members and other organisations
- Encourage good practice and an anti-fraud culture by developing anti-fraud strategies for its membership.
- Establish good practice between its members for fraud prevention, investigation and detection.
The £3.5bn mobile phone theft racket: Beware crooks who run up vast bills calling premium rate lines on your stolen mobile – leaving you counting the cost
Today, Money Mail lays bare a £3.5 billion racket that allows mobile phone firms to profit from criminal gangs who steal handsets, then run up thousands of pounds in international calls. An industry insider has revealed how crooks make a fortune in tourist hotspots and cities by using stolen phones to call premium-rate lines in […]
Credit cards that you simply wave at a reader save time and are a boon for visitors to London. But they can also raid your bank account invisibly. The value of the average contactless card transaction is relatively small at £6.65, meaning they are easy to miss on bank statements. Regularly checking your statements is […]
Four out of five purchases are now made electronically in Sweden, according to associate professor of industrial dynamics at Sweden’s Royal Institute of Technology, Niklas Arvidsson – and going totally cash-free is the next step. “Banks and merchants invested heavily in card payment systems in the 1990s and these days consumers are used to it,” […]
‘Surge in ‘number spoofing’ fraud: Fraudsters trick bank customers into handing over cash with new phone trick
Fraudsters are using a new simple telephone scam to trick people into believing they are speaking to a trusted organisation – usually a bank – by making a legitimate number appear on their caller ID display. In what has been branded ‘number spoofing’, fraudsters clone the telephone number of an organisation they wish to impersonate […]