Membership of the NEFF is on an annual basis, as member you will be:
- Kept informed of all conferences, training programmes and specialist forums.
- Offered special discounted rates for these events (some will be offered free to members).
Please note membership of the NEFF is on an annual basis the 2013 / 2014 membership starts on 1st April 2013 and ends 31st March 2014.
There are now 5 categories of membership which gives the structure of the membership greater flexibility:
- Individual Premium
- Corporate Gold
- Title Sponsor
North East Fraud Forum
The mission of the NEFF is to bring the private and public sectors together to reduce financial crime. This will:
- Protect the private and public sectors as well as individuals from becoming victims of fraud.
- Stimulate and encourage growth of the private sector and the proper conduct of public bodies; facilitate working relationships between law enforcement, public bodies, private organisations and the voluntary sector.
- Promote awareness of fraud amongst members and other organisations
- Encourage good practice and an anti-fraud culture by developing anti-fraud strategies for its membership.
- Establish good practice between its members for fraud prevention, investigation and detection.
‘Surge in ‘number spoofing’ fraud: Fraudsters trick bank customers into handing over cash with new phone trick
Fraudsters are using a new simple telephone scam to trick people into believing they are speaking to a trusted organisation – usually a bank – by making a legitimate number appear on their caller ID display. In what has been branded ‘number spoofing’, fraudsters clone the telephone number of an organisation they wish to impersonate […]
Small and medium-sized businesses are underestimating the threat cybercrime poses to their profitability, cashflow and reputation, according to experts. Ed Vaizey, Minister for culture and the digital economy, said at an event last week to help firms combat cybercrime: ‘Small businesses are driving economic growth in the UK but remain particularly vulnerable to cyber-security breaches […]
New figures from the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau show that more than £670 million has been lost to online fraud in just a year. But hundreds of thousands of people also lose serious money every year as a result of scams and disputes with individuals and companies. Here, we look at how you can fight […]
Revealed: The top ten online scams – and how one victim lost his money to fraudsters who conned all his Facebook friends too…
The ten biggest online scams lost victims across the country £670million over the last year – and this figure is likely to be far higher due to unreported cases, National Fraud Intelligence Bureau data reveals. The case of a victim known only as Chris, who had thousands stolen by fraudsters who simply rang his bank […]