Membership of the NEFF is on an annual basis, as member you will be:
- Kept informed of all conferences, training programmes and specialist forums.
- Offered special discounted rates for these events (some will be offered free to members).
Please note membership of the NEFF is on an annual basis the 2013 / 2014 membership starts on 1st April 2013 and ends 31st March 2014.
There are now 5 categories of membership which gives the structure of the membership greater flexibility:
- Individual Premium
- Corporate Gold
- Title Sponsor
North East Fraud Forum
The mission of the NEFF is to bring the private and public sectors together to reduce financial crime. This will:
- Protect the private and public sectors as well as individuals from becoming victims of fraud.
- Stimulate and encourage growth of the private sector and the proper conduct of public bodies; facilitate working relationships between law enforcement, public bodies, private organisations and the voluntary sector.
- Promote awareness of fraud amongst members and other organisations
- Encourage good practice and an anti-fraud culture by developing anti-fraud strategies for its membership.
- Establish good practice between its members for fraud prevention, investigation and detection.
Is this secret threat lurking in YOUR cash machine? How mobile phone cameras are fuelling a new rise in ATM fraud – and why you should never take one away if you find it
With its pin-hole camera, circuit board and miniature battery – this tiny gadget looks like a secret agent’s spying device. But in fact it is so common the majority of us carry the same thing around with us all day, every day. MailOnline can reveal today criminal gangs are adapting mobile phone video cameras and […]
For your information there has been a significant number of successful mandate frauds which on some occasions run into many hundreds of thousands of pounds de-frauded. The fraudsters email unsuspecting businesses either purporting to be a client of theirs or a senior member of their team and request transfer of funds to a particular account […]
Banks and building societies join forces to help tackle telephone fraud as it’s revealed vishing losses TRIPLED in last year to £24m
There has been a substantial climb in the number of people targeted by phone fraudsters in a scam known as vishing, according to new data from Financial Fraud Action UK. In the last year, at least £23.9million has been raided by fraudsters this way, up from £7million in 2013 as banks and building societies struggle […]
The £3.5bn mobile phone theft racket: Beware crooks who run up vast bills calling premium rate lines on your stolen mobile – leaving you counting the cost
Today, Money Mail lays bare a £3.5 billion racket that allows mobile phone firms to profit from criminal gangs who steal handsets, then run up thousands of pounds in international calls. An industry insider has revealed how crooks make a fortune in tourist hotspots and cities by using stolen phones to call premium-rate lines in […]